Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

the smoke is in your eyes, you look so alive


I'll tell you this, I nearly shaved my head after these photos...MY HAIR IS DRIVING ME INSANE. Not long till payday and bu-bye messy mop, 'ello boy hair. 

Anyway, if there's one thing I've mastered in my 18 [nearly 19, eek] years of life, it's how to get away with wearing jeans to everything and anything. BUT for some mad reason, England is on a mad one with the sunny weather at the mo' and I've had to put down the mom jeans and opt for something that won't leave me a sweaty mess, mmm cute. 

Let's be honest, you're never going to see me in a frilly, floral summer dress; so in my opinion this is the next best thing. I'm a massive lover of guys wearing black skinny jeans, a white tee and leather jacket; Matty Healy I'm looking at you and as we all know, I base a lot of my looks on guys; so here's my adaptation of that. 

I've been eyeing this Topman oversized T for quite a while now, obviously, on guys its meant to have that street style look paired with jeans [think Proudlock off MIC] but on me it doubles up as the perfect t-shirt dress. I love the slouchy vibe, it looks ace with a plaid shirt tied around the waist, or teamed with Vans - it's just one of those pieces that looks really laid back on its own, or can be layered with lots of other pieces. 

A leather jacket obviously had to be teamed with this white number. 


Oh baby, baby, lets just look at these Zara boots shall we? They're just so cool. 

For a night-time outfit, I think this is quite laid back but the boots just bring a funky little vibe to it. Yes, I did just say funky...I am 18, I promise. They're perfect for a night out, not a far stray away from my heeled Chelsea boots [aka the boots that I've worn into the ground on every night out, house party etc you get my drift] but the cut outs just give 'em the 'double take' factor. Although these babies were insanely pricey and are real leather, I can't wait to get them all tatty 'cause at the mo, they just look too new. 

Oh & lets not forget the electric blue Zara bag shall we? Monochrome throughout, in my opinion this outfit needed a little pop of colour, it is summer after all and there's no better way to do it than with this bag. Plus, if you're heading to a house party it fits a heck of a lot in it, I'm talking alcohol, plasters for the inevitable injuries and snacks as my friend always reminds me is an important factor that shouldn't be forgotten.

All in all, this is the kind of outfit I'd wear on nights out at bars, it's laid back and my style to a tea but still a little edgier than what I'd wear during the day. 

LEATHER JACKET // H&M 
OVERSIZED WHITE T // TOPMAN
LEATHER BOOTS // ZARA 
ELECTRIC BLUE BAG // ZARA 




No comments:

Post a Comment