Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

American Apparel disco dupes // & 2 outfits

Ever since American Apparel Disco Pants became 'the thing' to have, I've avoided them like the plague. 
In theory, they seem like something I'd like, high wasted is always a bonus in my book; BUT I'm one of those fortunate girls [sarcasm] that is blessed with chunky thighs. I've always been a bit self conscious about the whole spandex meets thunder thighs scenario. 

Just as I was about to splash the cash on Topshop Joni jeans [that I don't really rate, but are the highest-waist thing you can seem to get other than AA Disco Pants] I stumbled across these bad boys in H&M, that are the more realistic version of Disco Pants. 
[um please excuse the foundation type smears on ma bottom, takes a lot of effort to get these on]

These high waisted trousers are very similar to the American Apparel Disco Pants, but just a little less in ya face. They're not as harsh a spandex material, but still have that lycra/Sandy from Greece feel and appearance, but they're less shiny and thigh-attention-seeking. 
I love that they're high waisted, so the majority of your tummy is covered making these trousers so flattering on. They really make your legs look longer and pinch in at your waist. They're also super long so you can wear them tucked into boots or rolled up [as you'll see in my two outfits]. You can wear these either during the day or during the night which means you're getting a lot for your money [£12].
I tried having a lot on the H&M website for these but I couldn't find them, BUT I know that they're definitely in store. I've seen them in two stores that aren't anywhere near each other so just get snooping. 

Anyway, here's two ways I'd style these not so American Apparel Disco Pant-pants. 

If you're not a massive fan of having a little bit of tummy on show as well as skin tight trousers, then these trousers look great layered. The texture of the material is pretty unique, so even if you're not emphasising the Disco-Pant likeness or high waisted feature, they still look great. I wear this outfit all the time, it's one of those looks that you can loose the boots, whack on a pair of heels and you're transitioning from day to night. I am obsessed with this H&M scarf, it looks so much more expensive than it actually was, it also helps to detract attention from thighs if you're slowly getting used to the Disco-Pant vibe.


This outfit is very similar to my latest OOTD [here] but just a little bit different. The plaid shirt tied around the waist against helps to emphasise that area rather than drawing all the attention to my thighs. Heeled boots are also a big tip when rocking trousers like these as they make your legs appear longer and slimmer. This look is probably my go-to look for house-parties, it's super cool but a little bit more exciting than jeans and a T-shirt. 


Let me know if you've found any other Disco Pant dupes & your thoughts on how to style them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment